Sunday, February 28, 2010

The End

Sorry for the delay! Things are still pretty busy around here!

Here is my re-cap...

Things I've Done Since My Last Post:

- Watched the ladies free skate...our ladies were fabulous as always! Also got to watch the medal ceremony!

- Bummed around downtown and pretended to be trendy...which meant buying a cupcake and shopping for 'subtle' discounted Olympic gear in a very trendy shop

- Had a 'Sloppy Joanne' at the Yaletown Brewery - it was delicious!

- Danced in fake snow (picture explanation below)

- Toured the Olympic Village where the athletes live...SO COOL! I've always wanted to tour the Village and it did not disappoint! (See my pictures below) Best part: the view from the U.S. Figure Skating 6th Floor!

- Went to the USA vs Finland men's hockey game

- Planned and attended U.S. Figure Skating's Team Dinner at the USA House

- Went to (and got in to!) Club Bud

- Packed up and shipped our office

- Went to the figure skating exhibition

- Drove people around Vancouver

- Had a pizza party at the house while we watched the USA vs Canada hockey game...it was such a good try!

- Endured the mayhem otherwise known as downtown...Canadians are crazy when they win

- Went to the Closing Ceremony - it was just as amazing as the Opening! Favorite part: John Furlong's speech (the CEO of VANOC)...and the giant beavers...too funny!

- Ran into my old friend Janine from Winnipeg at the Closing! Such a small world!

Even though it tends to feel like we are in the U.S., I've compiled a few subtle differences between Canada and the States:

- I have a lot more change
- 'Restrooms' don't exist...instead they are called 'washrooms'
- The letter 'z' is actually 'zed' here
- And EVERYONE always says 'eh?'

And now the Olympics come to end...thank you for keeping up with my blog over the past 16+ days! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you enjoyed the 2010 Olympics Winter Games as much as I did!

My Top 10 Favorite Things About The Olympics

10. Always being able to find a Diet Coke

9. Watching the underdog win

8. Seeing the inside and outside of the Olympic venues

7. Hearing the NBC Olympic theme song

6. Getting to wear my Olympic and USA apparel every day

5. Buying Olympic souvenirs for everyone

4. Taking a picture in front of the torch

3. Hearing the U.S. national anthem

2. Seeing all of the flags from around the world hung up in every venue

1. Telling people I'm an American











The Olympic Village!





The Village Dining Hall




The Athlete Living Room



The 6th Floor =U.S. Figure Skating Floor!



View of the Sochi House from the 6th Floor










U.S. Figure Skating's Team Dinner at the USA House

Closing Ceremony!










The End

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! (oh, and good job!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie !! We loved all the inside info and all of your pictures !!
    Come and be our special guest someday soon !!
    Love,
    Room 103
    Washington Elementary
    Hibbing. MN
    and your mom !!

    ReplyDelete