Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In Search of Brach's Large Candy Hearts

So apparently they do not sell Brach's large candy hearts in Canada. Bob and I have been on the lookout for the past two days and after all of the shopping we have done, we still haven't been able to find them anywhere! Bummer! (and I already ate the candy heart supply I brought with me to Vancouver lol)

Anyway...today was another fun day...we spent most of the day driving. We did a test run from the house to the Olympic Village to our secondary practice site and back in order to time it out and figure out which was the best route. Due to the Olympic traffic this trip takes much longer than you would normally estimate. We are driving semi-large vans and now I am very thankful that I spent two summers in college driving a 2-ton water truck around the Twin Cities! Oh how those summer jobs pay off in the long run! :)

This afternoon we met with the owners of the school that we are renting to get the keys and go through the last minute details of our rental. We move into the school tomorrow and their multi-purpose room will serve as U.S. Figure Skating's temporary headquarters in Vancouver. The school is literally across the street from the Pacific Coliseum which is the venue for figure skating and speed skating. Rumor has it that some of the speed skaters are living in a house about a block from our house...we're thinking of having a block party with them later in the Games!

Oh and I forgot to blog about the Minnesota celebrity sighting I had the other day...Eric Perkins, from Kare 11 News in the Twin Cities, was at team processing on Tuesday...I wanted to go say hi and tell him I was from Minnesota but he was kind of busy talking to athletes and whatnot...maybe I'll seem him around again!
Finally, here's a shout out to Daisy Girl Scout Troop #2359 in Colorado Springs! I hope you had a great meeting today and that you learned some new facts about the Chinese New Year! Enjoy watching the Olympics and I'll see you all again in March!

Welcome Sign Near the House


View of the Venue from the School (which will be our office starting tomorrow)



Signage Outside the Venue


1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie--Room 103 at Washington School in Hibbing, MN is now following your blog. Shout out for us also !! Mrs. Schmitz---AKA Mom

    ReplyDelete