Monday, February 8, 2010

Vancouver Day 1

I am officially in Vancouver! After several hours of flying, my co-worker, Bob, and I finally landed at the Vancouver International Airport early this afternoon. We were lucky enough to catch a ride to the hotel with the U.S. Men's Bobsled Team...that was pretty neat...they were all very pumped to be in Vancouver! All of the U.S. athletes will spend one night at the hotel I am currently in for what we call 'Team Processing'. This is basically where they get all of their stuff...including three giant duffel bags full of Nike gear. I'm very jealous! Wait until you see their Opening Ceremony apparel!

This afternoon Bob and I did some reconnaissance...got the keys for our rental vans, got the keys for the house we're moving into tomorrow, got the rest of the tickets we purchased, etc. etc. etc. In addition, our two pair teams and their coaches arrived today from Florida. They are staying at my hotel tonight too and can't wait to take the ice tomorrow for their first official practice. I can't even explain how excited these four skaters are to be here...they just can't stop smiling and neither can I!

The internet in the hotel is very slow so I'll post some pictures tomorrow when we move into the house.

And on a final note for the night, Jodi: I hope you had a fabulous 21st birthday today! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment