Wednesday, February 24, 2010

OMG


So I'm sitting in our office today eating McDonald's fries and look up to see Michelle Kwan walking in the door! Apparently my co-worker Ramsey had told her that I hadn't met her yet so she came in to say hi! OMG - seriously still can't even believe it. Then her agent (who I work with on a regular basis) asks me if I want to get a picture with her. I was like - sure! VERY COOL! The best part: she is very nice!

Yesterday I went to the Canada vs Germany hockey game with Liz! Loved the venue! It was sea of red! I was cheering for Germany (my name IS Schmitz after all) but they lost.

Our U.S. ladies did fabulous last night! They are currently in fifth and sixth place going into the free skate which takes place tomorrow night. We're crossing out fingers for another medal!

Room 103 at Washington Elementary School asked me this morning about the medals...each medal weighs about 500 grams which is a little over one pound. They are the heaviest medals in Olympic history! No two medals are alike. I don't think the medals are made out of real gold but I'm not quite sure...check out this awesome website to find out more fun medal facts: http://www.mint.ca/store/mint/learn/medals-4400016











5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I'm telling everyone I know how cool you are! I hope some mittens were for me :)

    Don't any of these people know Josh? Have you been asking for me? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I officially believe you since there is photo evidence:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,

    NOW, I am envious...... an olympic hockey game.......
    I showed all my students your site. They thought it was "the teacher in me" convincing you to put a photo of a map on blog. I even learned something about figure skating..... I did not know there were pads along the boards at the skating.

    I hope the last few days go by smoothly and you get home safely.
    Thanks again for the opportunity to "look in" on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, thanks for giving us a unique perspective of the games. I have been sharing with my co-workers and students in Wadena and Long Prairie, as well as friends and family. It has been great.

    ReplyDelete