Monday, February 22, 2010

Fun Things

Please tell me that you watched the hockey game last night! GO TEAM USA!!!


Fun things I've done since my last post:

- Cheered on the U.S. ice dance teams at both the compulsory dance and the original dance...we are currently in 2nd, 4th and 11th. We ARE expecting another medal party tonight at the USA House - yay!

- Cheered on the U.S. during the USA vs Canada men's hockey game...in a restaurant filled with Canadian fans...needless to say I was booed at for the first time in my life. LOL Interesting fact: Did you know that 7 of the 23 players on the hockey team have 'ryan' in their name?

- Went shopping...again...with Liz in Gastown

- Went to the Procter & Gamble Family Home for another 'Evan Party'. While I was there I saw the curling families...this is how the next few minutes went:

Me: Are you the curling families?
Curling Families: Yes
Me: I'm from Hibbing
Curling Families: (Gasps and shouts) Ohhhhhh! We're from Chisholm! We're from Gilbert!
Me: I know! That's why I came over to say hi!
Curling Families: What are you doing here?
Me: I work for U.S. Figure Skating.
Curling Families: Wow! It's great to meet you!
Me: You too! I think you know my aunt Marcy and my cousin Ashley.
Curling Families: Yes we do!

...Then we exchanged pins and wished each other luck. :) It was awesome!

On tap for this week: Free dance, Ladies short and free skate, tour of the Olympic Village, tour of the International Broadcast Center which will get me closer to the torch, Under Armour party at Club Bud, figure skating exhibition, closing ceremonies...and then the Games are over! It's hard to believe that a week from today I will be back in Colorado Springs!

Be sure to watch the free dance tonight!

View of Gastown

View of the torch...notice all of the people on the sidewalk.

The Sochi car parked right in front of our office! Sochi (pronounced So-chi) is the site for the 2016 Olympic Winter Games. Sochi is in Russia.

Liz and me at the USA House.

Team mangers, Lorrie Parker and Richard Dalley pose for a picture with me. Over the past few years I've gotten to know them both very well and I love them dearly! They are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment