Thursday, February 11, 2010

IKEA

We officially moved into a small private school today to set up our temporary office in Vancouver...and all of the students get two weeks vacation! The school is conveniently located directly across the street from our venue. The office will serve as the one stop shop for our friends and family...picking up tickets, checking their email, watching other events on our big screen, grabbing some hot chocolate, etc.

To dress up our office and make it a bit more comfortable, I was charged with picking out furniture at IKEA. So I picked out a brown couch, a brown chair, brown tables, a red rug, red pillows and three green plants...keep in mind that the room has exposed ceiling beams that are tannish-brown and some of the walls are red. Overall I think it turned out pretty good...I'll post some pictures of the room when we are all set up.

We also walked over to the venue today - it looks incredible on the inside! Vancouver is definitely ready to host the world!

Some more celebrity sightings...I saw Shaun White, Louie Vito, Bonnie Blair and Picabo Street all within five minutes of each other last night! WOW!

Here's a shout out to Room 103 at Washington Elementary School in Hibbing, MN (aka Mrs. Schmitz's class)! I heard that you've been viewing the blog each day in the library! Keep it up and be sure to watch Opening Ceremonies tomorrow night!

Speaking of which..........as of right now, I have a ticket (courtesy of U.S. Figure Skating) to Opening Ceremonies!!!!!! I have never seen the OC live and I am crossing my fingers and praying to God that I get to go! So if I don't blog tomorrow night, you'll know it's because I'm sitting in BC Place watching Team USA march into the stadium! :)

The Olympics are here!!!!!!!! GET EXCITED!!!!!!!

Me in the Figure Skating Venue

Figure Skating Venue (the men were practicing when we were there)

The Vancouver Logo on the Ice

The American Flag!

The Rings Lit Up at Night

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie----your Blog was in the Hibbing paper this morning! Looks good---keep up the good work and keep adding lots of pictures. It is exciting!!! Love You---DAD---

    ReplyDelete